Tensorflow protocol is only available in version >=1.1.
Seldon Core supports the following data planes:
- REST and gRPC Seldon protocol
- REST and gRPC Tensorflow Serving Protocol
REST and gRPC Seldon Protocol¶
Seldon is the default protocol for SeldonDeployment resources. You can specify the gRPC protocol by setting
transport: grpc in your SeldonDeployment resource or ensuring all components in the graph have endpoint.tranport set ot grpc.
See example notebook.
REST and gRPC Tensorflow Protocol¶
Activate this protocol by speicfying
protocol: tensorflow and
transport: rest or
transport: grpc in your Seldon Deployment. See example notebook.
For Seldon graphs the protocol will work as expected for single model graphs for Tensorflow Serving servers running as the single model in the graph. For more complex graphs you can chain models:
- Sending the response from the first as a request to the second. This will be done automatically when you defined a chain of models as a Seldon graph. It is up to the user to ensure the response of each changed model can be fed a request to the next in the chain.
- Only Predict calls can be handled in multiple model chaining.
- Seldon components marked as MODELS, INPUT_TRANSFORMER and OUTPUT_TRANSFORMERS will allow a PredictionService Predict method to be called.
- GetModelStatus for any model in the graph is available.
- GetModelMetadata for any model in the graph is available.
- Combining and Routing with the Tensorflow protocol is not presently supported.